The Kellswater congregation was formed in 1760 being the first Reformed Presbyterian Church planted in Ireland. The present meeting house was built in 1806. We have our roots in Scotland and those Ministers who came over to Ulster to pastor Scots Presbyterians at the time of the plantation, and to help bring the reformed faith in its purest form to the island. These Presbyterians were sometimes referred to as ‘Covenanters’ due to their adherence to solemn promises by which they vowed to uphold Jesus Christ as rightful King in the Church and over the State. The name Covenanters and their aspiration is one today we continue to gladly share with them. Read more about the Covenanters Here.